Chambers congratulates criminal defence and immigration law barrister Stephen Knight on achieving public access status. Stephen can now be instructed directly by clients without the need for a solicitor. Within crimi ...Read More
What is public access?
Many of our barristers have had special training so that they can be hired by you directly. You won't have to hire a solicitor first. This is called "public access" or sometimes "direct access".
Not every case is suitable for "public access". If you could get legal aid for a case (cases where the government pays for your lawyers) then you should approach a solicitor instead of coming straight to a barrister. Equally, if there are investigations to carry out, it would be better to use both a barrister and a solicitor.
If you are not sure whether your case is suitable for direct access, ask us, and we will be happy to talk about your case with you.
Why use a public access barrister?
- Instructing a public access barrister can be a lot cheaper than using a solicitor.
- Working with a public access barrister can be faster than working with both a solicitor and a barrister.
- Come to the experts directly: we know the law, and we will argue your case in court.
What can we do as public access barristers?
- Advise you on your case, and whether you need to go to court.
- Advise you on what evidence to gather, and sometimes help you to gather evidence.
- Help you to draft documents like witness statements, appeal documents, and forms.
- Help you to negotiate with the other side in a dispute.
- Represent you in court.
Why come to Mansfield Chambers?
- Location. We are based in a central London location. This means it is easy for you to get to us and easy for us to get to courts and tribunals anywhere in the country.
- Experienced administrative support from our dedicated direct access clerk means your case will be dealt with professionally and will always go to the right expert barrister.
- Clarity on fees means you can avoid any unpleasant surprises when getting the bill for your case.
- Experts are available in all areas of the work that Chambers does. This means that you will always be able to find the right barrister, with the right experience, at the right price for you.